aggieTeach SEED Certification Plan
The aggieTEACH SEED Minor provides teacher certification for TAMU undergraduates interested in teaching middle or high school dance. You will potentially begin teaching with full pay and benefits within just a few months of graduation.
Students must be dance majors to declare the SEED minor for dance.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at Texas A&M University
- Minimum of three semesters remaining in undergraduate coursework
- 12 credit hours in certification content
- 2.75 overall GPA in undergraduate coursework
- 2.5 minimum GPA in major-area content hours
- aggieTEACH application and program acceptance
Required SEED/Teacher Certification Coursework
|INST 210||Understanding Special Populations||3|
|INST 222||Multicultural Education||3|
|Reading in the Middle and Secondary Grades|
Reading and Writing Across Middle Grade (Summer Distance Ed)
You must be formally admitted into the aggieTEACH SEED Minor program before registering for clinical courses.
|TEFB 322||Teaching and Schooling in Modern Society (field: 1/2 day/week)||3|
|TEFB 324||Teaching Skills II (field: 1/2 day/week)||3|
|DCED 401||Dance Pedagogy (field: 1/2 day/week)||3|
CLINICAL 4 ADDITIONAL SEMESTER
|MEFB 497, TEFB 429 or TEED 425||Clinical Teaching||6, 9 or 12|
GRADUATION UPON COMPLETION OF CLINICAL TEACHING