Unusual Partnerships Between Humans and Machines
An International Exhibition Call for Artists
Submit an Artwork
- Written document files must be in .docx format.
- All work must be original in concept, composition and execution. No kits or copies of previous work will be accepted.
- Artists can submit multiple works to the exhibition, but must create a separate submission entry for each separate work.
- The curation committee reserves the right to refuse any work that does not match the entry and submission guidelines or meet show criteria.
- No artwork may be removed from the show by the artist until after 1 p.m. on Dec. 16, 2023.
- All works must have an image or video representation submitted with the entry so that curators can understand the contents. Example: If sending a VR project, we need some video representation component to visualize what your project is like. This includes photographs of intended physical submissions.
- All works require a brief written description of the project (200 words or less) explaining the artist’s intention and the role of AI in the creation of the work.
- The artist must include information regarding what AI models/algorithms were utilized to help generate the artwork.
- Submit a 300 DPI image file.
- Files sent digitally will be printed and mounted by the curation team. If you want to ship or install your own prints, please indicate in the submission form.
- Framed or mounted work that is shipped to the exhibition must have a wire mounted to the back for hanging.
- Work must have a wire installed on the back of the piece for hanging.
- Work must weigh 30 pounds or less.
- Freestanding sculptures that require special mounting or suspension will not be accepted.
- Top-heavy or unstable work will not be accepted.
- Image files larger than 50 MB must be submitted as a shared downloadable link (eg. Dropbox).
- Image files must be in a commonly readable format (JPG, PNG, TIFF).
- Video files must be submitted as a shared downloadable link (eg. Dropbox).
- Video files must be in either .mp4, .mkv, or .mov video format.
- Video files must not exceed 8 GB in size.
Interactive and VR
- Submit a documentation video of your project. Video files must be submitted as a shared downloadable link (eg. Dropbox).
- A brief explanation of the floor plan and technical requirements needed to run your piece.
- Upon acceptance, VR files must be submitted as an APK built for the Meta Quest 2.
- Artists can choose to deliver/ship their own device(s) with the application pre-installed.
Delivery of Work
- If your work is accepted, you will be responsible for shipping physical work